If that's the case then it's time to take the next step whether it be big or small. Here are 14 ways to revamp your look for 2014.
1. Work one or more of Spring's new trendy colors into your wardrobe for a fresh vibe. Spring 2014 is all about neutrals, pastels, and brights so you'll have plenty to choose from. Pantone, world-renowned authority on color, recently named their color of the year and other popular colors for Spring 2014. Check out my post about these colors here.
2. Update your makeup whether you make a drastic change or a small one. Usually a nude lip gloss person? Try a bold lip and minimal eye makeup. All about cat eyes? Switch it up and try a smokey eye.
3. Invest in accessories. Purchasing a bunch of accessories is a much less expensive way to update your look. A new bag, scarf, or necklace will make your outfit look completely different. Look at how drastically the simple tee and jeans combo below changes with just a few accessory swaps. For more about the items featured click here.
4. Try a trend that is totally unlike you. Girly girl? Invest is a good leather jacket. Tom boy? Pick up a frilly frock in a super feminine color. There is always a way to make a piece that you usually wouldn't wear work for your style.
5. Update your favorite pair of shoes. Treat yourself to a new pair of boots, heels, or whatever you know you'll wear all the time.
6. Find your signature fragrance. I love Hailey by Aeropostale.
8. Try a new hairstyle. You don't have to do anything drastic. Maybe add a few highlights or get side bangs. You'll look and feel completely different. If worse comes to worse hair grows back.
9. Go out and buy some new nail polish. I don't know about you but when my nails are done I feel so much better. Schedule one day a week to redo your nails. It makes a difference and you'll save money by doing them yourself.
10. Invest in good skin are. Whether you have severe acne or a few breakouts here and there try your best to find a product or multiple products that work for you. If you need help seek the advice of a professional they'll know what's best for you. Everyone is different, a product that works for me and my skin may not do anything for you. Read my review of Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash here.
11. Follow some fashion blogs (hint, hint) and take note of looks you like and don't like. Then think about why you like or dislike them. This will help you figure out a lot about your personal style. Go the extra mile and get a Pinterest account and pin your favorite looks for future inspiration.
12. Try shopping your dad, brother, or boyfriend's wardrobe. Their unworn watch, tie, blazer, or sweater could become an awesome new statement piece for you.
13. Study up! Watch a movie or read a book that's filled with fashion forward inspiration. For fashion books I recommend click here.
14. Own it. Once you've figured out your personal style (if you haven't yet that's ok too) own your look. You're the only you so flaunt what you've got.