Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Luxe Fall Fashion

I've been using my last few weeks of summer to catch up on all my favorite fashion magazines' September issues. One of Fall's biggest trends is luxe details. Whether it's brocade fabrics, heavy knits, jewel tones, snakeskin, animal prints, lace accents, or goth inspired attire, designers have really upped the luxe factor this Fall. This post is all about how you can add a tad bit of luxe to your everyday wardrobe without emptying your bank account.



Here are some great ways to add a touch of luxe to your life:

1.) Scarves- Scarves with lace accent like the one shown above are great for adding a bit of glamour to any outfit. They are comfortable, stylish, and transitional. A lighter scarf is great for the end of summer and beginning of fall. A heavier or knit scarf is perfect for winter.

2.) Belts- I am totally obsessed with the one shown in this post. Leopard print is a great way to add character to any outfit. In small doses it is also very chic and never seems to go out of style.

3.) Hair accessories- The camel colored knit headband I chose to feature is a great piece. I love the color and braiding detail. So glamourous. Hair accessories are great for a discreet glam factor. A jeweled headband makes a chic statement but a tiny jeweled clip is just as cute.

4.) Earring, necklaces, and cocktail rings- All of these can look very luxe with beautiful gem, jewel, and chain details. Keep the shape simple. I love the triangle snakeskin earrings they are simple but have personality.

5.) Nails- I am not a big fan of overly decorated nails. You'll rarely see me with polka dot nails or maybe even an accent nail but that's usually as far as I go. I prefer regular, simple, and solid colors. Metallic, plum, deep red, grey, and dark brown are all very luxe nail polish options. They are trendy and in no way over the top.

Always remember you don't have to wear a trend head-to-toe in order to be stylish. These accessories are a great way to incorporate your favorite trends into your wardrobe without looking like you just walked off the New York Fashion Week catwalks.

Want me to follow you? Tell me all about your favorite trend in a comment and make sure to leave your Instagram or Polyvore username.

Want to follow me?
Twitter: www.twitter.com/beverlylorraine
Instagram: @beverlylorraine (tag me for fashion advice!)
Polyvore: http://beverlylorraine.polyvore.com/

For more about the items featured in this post follow this link: http://www.polyvore.com/luxe_blog_post/set?id=57101592

No comments:

Post a Comment