Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sweet Sixteen

So I feel really guilty about not posting anything since February. Things have gotten super busy outside of blogging and I've been trying to stay on top of my school work. Considering the fact that tonight is the first time in forever that I have a small amount of time to myself I figured I would spend it writing. I've been missing Freshmen Fashion and I'm happy to be back at it!

Here's a quick update with what I've been up to.

Last Thursday I turned 16, finally! That same day I went on a field trip with my art class to an art show in Boston and got my learner's permit afterwards.



I spent my Saturday in Boston with my best friend. We got dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, stopped at Mike's Pastry and Pinkberry, and then went on a mini shopping trip at Forever21. We certainly didn't let the rain get in our way.

I spent the rest of my weekend driving with my parents. I think I'm really getting the hang of it. 

I would just like to take this time and say that I am very grateful for my loyal friends and family. I'm really lucky and I'm aware of that. I got to spend my birthday with the most important people in my life and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. 16 years isn't a lot when you put it into perspective but in these years, I know its corny, but I've learned many lessons. I've experienced mistakes and successes, losses and wins, but most importantly I've learned so much about myself and my own character and that is what I'm most proud of. 

Life is always going to throw you challenges but its how you face them that shows who you truly are. I've had a lot of challenges tossed at me and I know that I will have many more but I can honestly say that I am happy with every conflict that has surfaced in my life. They have all made me a better person and I wouldn't change anything if I could.

I'm not the best at living in the moment but I am trying to take everything in and really enjoy life. I can't do anything about the past and regrets are a waste of energy. I'm happy with who I've become and I hope to continue down the road I'm on now.

Thank you to whoever took a few moment out of their day to read a post on my blog. I'm very thankful for you.

Continue to be who you are and do what you love.

These 16 years have been great and I can't wait to see what's ahead.


-BL

No comments:

Post a Comment